The cacao Experience Q175 ($23)
Take a full immersion in the Guatemala jungle to Inspire, learn and make the change that you want to see in the World...
In the face of climate change and deforestation we need to act to regenerate the world´s ecosystems.
The PDC teaches us to design sustainable living systems, create abundant ecosystems as simple as backyard gardens or as complex as a small farm or landscape of many acres.
The course will be led by world renowned Christopher Nesbitt from Maya Mountain Research in Belize. Chris regenerated degraded land in to a lush tropical forest in 30 years. This 90+ hour certification course is internationally recognized, with the full curriculum as laid out by Bill Mollison and Dave Holmgren.
The course will be held at Tuqtuquilal, a permaculture & regenerative center that processes organic cacao, vanilla, turmeric, ginger, copal and other wonders. The center aims to have a positive impact on the local ecosystems, environment, and the lives of the local community and visitors. The project is situated in Lanquin, in the rainforest of Guatemala close to Semuc Champey.
The main topics covered by this course are:
• Planning and implementation of Permaculture systems.
• Evaluate systems and structures for sustainability and resilience.
• Develop ecological systems of food production.
• Design water collection systems and earthworks.
• Build healthy soils, sequester carbon and increase fertility naturally.
• Incorporate relevant ideas and methods of Permaculture into existing systems
• Design food forests and native tree nursery.
• Foster community interest in activities that focus on real growth and development (and not just economic).
“Permaculture is the conscious design and maintenance of agriculturally productive ecosystems which have the diversity, stability, and resilience of natural ecosystems. It is the harmonious integration of landscape and people providing their food, energy, shelter, and other material and non-material needs in a sustainable way.
- Bill Mollison
$1295 -shared cabaña
$1150 - private tent
$1100 -dormitory or 2 person shared tent
15 % discount for Latin Americans .
Certification, food, tuition fees, & Cacao opening ceremony included.